Why show hidden files and folders?
Accessing hidden files and folders might be necessary in order to perform certain actions with SoundID Reference (for example, collecting log files, or accessing the .swproj speaker profile files in the Sonarworks Projects folder). There are two ways of doing it on macOS:
See hidden files on Mac via Finder
- Open the Finder app
- Press Command + Shift + . (Dot)
- Your hidden files will become visible. Repeat step 2 to hide them again!
See hidden files on Windows via Explorer
- Click on View in Windows Explorer
- Check the Hidden Items checkbox
- Uncheck the Hidden Items checkbox to hide hidden items again!