If you are encountering some difficulty with downloading the SoundID Reference installer, this article will guide you on how to resolve potential issues causing the download failure.
SoundID Reference installer cannot be downloaded
Difficulty with downloading SoundID Reference installer might present itself as:
- Encountering an error page in your browser when attempting the download (e.g. "The site can't be reached" error);
- Browser does not initiate a file download.
General troubleshooting tips
There are a few things you can check on your device to make sure that nothing is blocking the download on your side:
- Check whether downloads are not being blocked in your browser (Google Chrome guide, Mozilla Firefox guide);
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies (Google Chrome guide, Mozilla Firefox guide);
- Use another browser for the download process (Microsoft Edge or Safari);
- Connect to a different network - if available, connect to a different Wi-Fi network or even a mobile hotspot (Android guide, iOS guide);
- DNS - flush DNS (third-party Windows guide and macOS guide);
- VPN/Proxy - if you have a VPN or Proxy active, consider temporarily disabling it for the download process (navigate to "Network & Internet" settings on Windows, "Network" preferences on macOS);
- Antivirus/Firewall - if you have any Antivirus protection or Firewall active, consider whitelisting SoundID Reference and/or Sonarworks;
- Edit your hosts file, see our guide here: Editing the Hosts File
If you have successfully downloaded the installer, but you are encountering installation issues, please take a look at our guides below for further troubleshooting information:
If you require additional assistance you can reach out to support by submitting a support request below.