Note for macOS users: Since version 5.4.0 (Oct 18, 2022) the folder destination has been moved from ~/Library/Sonarworks to ~/Library/Application Support/Sonarworks
Profile export functionality for Wayne Jones AUDIO Studio Monitors
With the SoundID Reference 5.2.0 version release, you can now export speaker calibration profiles and upload them to your Wayne Jones AUDIO Studio Monitors! For more information and FAQs about the Sonarworks + Wayne Jones AUDIO Studio Monitors integration, see our article here.
The exported calibration profile will include your settings for the selected output preset. To learn about what exactly is included in the exported calibration profile, see the details below.
Exporting a calibration profile from SoundID Reference
In the output panel in the SoundID Reference systemwide app, select the preset you would like to export and make sure that calibration is enabled. Click on “...” and select 'Export'
Choose Wayne Jones AUDIO Studio Monitors and click 'Select'
Click 'Export' to export the calibration files to the provided file directory
- The files are exported successfully! Right after exporting a profile, you can choose the calibration in the SoundID Reference app to be disabled in order to avoid double calibration when you upload the profile into your monitors.
For a video tutorial on how to export the calibration profile for your Wayne Jones AUDIO Studio Monitors, take a look below:
NOTE! By default, the exported calibration profile will be saved in the following directory:
AppData\Local\Sonarworks\SoundID Reference\Sonarworks Projects\Exported Presets\Wayne Jones
/Library/Application Support/Sonarworks Projects/Exported Presets/Wayne Jones
The calibration profile will be exported as two separate .bin files - one for the right monitor, one for the left monitor.
Uploading the calibration files into Wayne Jones AUDIO Studio Monitors
Once done with exporting the calibration profile from SoundID Reference, see instructions on how to upload the profile into your Wayne Jones Audio monitors right here.
- The export feature is available for both Mac and PC, however, profile upload into the speakers is currently possible only on PC devices (Windows).
- Only speaker profile presets can be exported for the Wayne Jones AUDIO integration (headphone profiles are not supported for this integration).
What's included in the exported calibration files?
A successful profile export will generate two .bin files which will include:
- Calibration curve: the selected speaker calibration curve data
- Target curve: the selected target mode, with all of your custom settings applied
- Dry/Wet: the level of calibration applied
- Limit Controls: frequency range affected by calibration
Is everything being processed from the exported calibration files?
No, Wayne Jones AUDIO will use its own processing solution for these features:
- Filter type: processing will take place on the Wayne Jones AUDIO Studio Monitors, using their own IIR filter solution
- Safe headroom: the values are exported in the profile, and applied via functionality on the Wayne Jones AUDIO Monitors
- Listening spot - not included
If you require additional assistance you can reach out to support by submitting a support request below.