Note for macOS users: Since version 5.4.0 (Oct 18, 2022) the folder destination has been moved from ~/Library/Sonarworks to ~/Library/Application Support/Sonarworks
No active license detected after opening SoundID Reference
We are aware of some users encountering a No active license detected error message in the SoundID Reference standalone app or the DAW plugin. This message may show even if the license is activated on your current device.
Note: When following the below resolution steps, back up your speaker profiles beforehand. We are aware of an issue where some users are experiencing the profiles going missing after logging in after computer reboot. Missing speaker profiles: "File not found"
To resolve the error message, please follow these steps:
- Delete the user.json and license.json files from your computer:
Windows: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Sonarworks\SoundID ReferenceDisclaimer: The files in the directory are hidden by default, make sure to enable hidden files.
macOS: /Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Sonarworks/SoundID Reference
- Log into your Sonarworks Account;
- Click on 'Manage' below the license key;
- Click on 'Deactivate' your machine and deactivate the device;
- Click on 'Activate on this device'. This should reactivate the license on your machine.
If you require additional assistance you can reach out to support by submitting a support request below.